Reporting Waste, Abuse And Fraud
The Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) Office of Inspector General investigates waste, abuse and fraud in all health and human services programs in the State of Texas. Any state employee or private citizen may report waste, abuse and fraud to the Inspector General.
Learn more about the types of waste, abuse and fraud that the Inspector General investigates.
Please read the following for more information of waste, fraud and abuse to report.
Click on any link below to find out more about the types of waste, abuse and fraud that OIG investigates.
- Third Party Resources
- General Investigations - (SNAP - The SNAP food
benefits (used to be called food stamps) helps people with low incomes and resources
buy the food they need for good health, Medicaid and TANF-cash assistance)
- Limited Program - (abuse/overuse of Medicaid health benefits)
- Internal Affairs - (employees, contractors and vendors)
- Abuse, neglect and exploitation at Texas Youth Camps
- Retaliation against employees under the Whistleblower Act
- Fraud or abuse involving vital records with the Bureau of Vital Statistics