TYPES OF WASTE, ABUSE AND FRAUD
Audit (Contractor and Vendor)
Return to Types of Waste, Abuse & Fraud
The Audit section conducts audits and reviews of health and human services system
contracts and grants to:
- Determine contractors' and grantees' compliance with federal, state and agency requirements
- Reduce the potential for waste, abuse and fraud of federal and/or state funds.
Contractors, grantees or their employees should be referred to the Audit section
when suspected of waste, abuse or fraud activities including but not limited to:
- Claims for:
- Unallowable expenditures
- Expenditures not made
- Services not provided
- Services provided to ineligible clients; and/or
- Improperly licensed or contracted facilities
- Inappropriate expenditures of patients personal funds including trust funds
- Over-collection of applied income or co-payment amounts; and,
- Questionable preparation of cost reports.
Need to reach the Audit section directly? Please call 512-491-2872.
You may also reach Audit by fax, 512-833-6523.